Location: Deniliquin, NSW
Aquawest was awarded the contract to implement a turnkey water supply system for Australia Food & Agriculture – formally FS Falkiner “Boonoke Station” Deniliquin.
AFA properties comprise around 225,000 ha with properties in Coonamble, Deniliquin and Hay.
Conargo Feedlot was developed by AFA to carry around 5000 head of cattle and 15,000 sheep.
Aquawest was involved with the turnkey water supply for this project, comprising:
- Billabong Creek pump installation – 800 kl water day
- Approx 4km of 150mm rising main
- Feedlot Booster pump station with filtration
- Connection to 9 x 275,000 litre steel tanks
- Pipelines to around 60 feedlot pens with individual troughs
- Trough drainage system using PE drainage pipe
- Water to sheep and cattle yards with dust suppression sprinklers
Designed flows to water points is to enable no waiting time on stock at trough points – peaks flows required up to 800 litres per hour.
Aquawest also has been involved in other projects prior to Feedlot involving around 400km polythene pipelines, electric pump stations, troughs and tanks installations.